"It is by forging
that one becomes a blacksmith"
Such a saying clearly explains why this tradition holds strong in the Ferrière family. The family name can indeed be traced back to 1665, where the meaning of the name itself is perfectly in line with the ancestral craft. It is interesting to point out that FERRIERE means not only the place where one could find iron mineral in the ground but also a place where one could forge… hence the blacksmith name.
The FERRIERE family decided to establish itself in Limal around 1875 where the first forge was built close to the church. In 1937, the forge was then moved to the Nivelles Avenue which was still in the countryside at the time.
With the passing of time, from being an artisan forge servicing the villagers for agricultural and blacksmith purposes, we have now evolved into the industrial production of industrial tools and ironwork.